Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update - Dick Richardson

From Doris:

Hi everyone. Dick has been bleeding heavily from the bladder since last night, filling a depend to soaking every 30 min. Our Urologist's nurse called this morning wanting a report on Dick and when I answered all her questions she said, "Honey, you need to hang up and dial 911 and tell them to take Mr. Richardson to the nearest hospital." So here came the fire truck & ambulance and my next door neighbor, Julie, in her pajamas and she told me that I was not driving down to the hospital. She dashed home, put on clothes & drove me down. Of course Dick and I waited forever. Got in there at 9:30 and the Dr. didn't get in there until 5:30 this afternoon. Don't really know anything yet. They are keeping him overnight and may keep him longer but the Dr. thinks he may give him a blood transfusion tomorrow and I hope they do to give him a boost. He is just not up to visitors, hasn't had any sleep for several nights and will nap every chance he gets.
They have him on all kinds of monitors so I felt like he was being watched close enough that I could come home.
Bye for now, Love, Doris.