From Trish Earhart:
"If you are planning on dropping off or helping to serve: food, water, or juice (small bottles) please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Tricia (678) 794-8760. Our needs are cases of water, cases of small bottles of juice, any food dishes particularly things that travel in to-go boxes well, rolls, potatoes, stuffing, vegetables, desert items. Again keep in mind many meals will be delivered in to-go containers.
We have posted our flyers all around town and delivered them to the individuals receiving food at the First Christian Food Bank as well as many others. In our efforts to bless others, so many have offered God's blessings to us for what we are desiring to do. So far it has been a bit like the Crosswalk where folks are just inspired by the idea that people are interested in loving and serving others. People standing in line for food and warm clothes saying, "God Bless you -- to me", it just doesn't get much better than that.
I know for certain that we have a list of 75 people to serve and our goal is 200. "
We will try to begin serving at 1:30 pm. This should give you time to run home after church, eat lunch and heat (if needed) whatever you are planning on bringing. We'll need people to make deliveries, box up "to go" meals and people to serve those that might come to the facility. Does anyone have a CD player they could bring so that we might play Christmas music as people eat or as we work, whichever the case may be? Please let Trish know of your plans and level of participation.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011
Just a reminder of the church activities for tomorrow:
- Men's prayer breakfast at Golden Corral at 9:00 a.m.
- Fireman Appreciation - at the church at 11:00 a.m. Bring your baked goods
- Women's Christmas Celebration - Anne Foster's home at 2:00 p.m. Bring a dessert and let Anne know if you're planning on attending so she can make plans for supplies for the ornament making. 678-965-6743 or email@example.com
Monday, December 5, 2011
Dick's service will be at Ingram's tomorrow at 6:30 pm. Visitation will be from 5:00 until the service. Also, Doris has agreed to accepting some food for the family. Since this is late notice there is no time to organize so if you want to bring something please bring it to Ingram's tomorrow and Ben will make sure it gets to Doris' home.
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Friday, December 2, 2011
There are many upcoming events to mark on your calendars this month.
- December 10, 2011 - 9:00 a.m. - Men's breakfast at Golden Corral.
- December 10, 2011 - 11:00 a.m. - We will gather at the Kiwanis Building in order to create our baskets for the firefighters of Forsyth County. If you signed up to bake two dozen cookies or cupcakes or brownies or candies, bring them to the Kiwanis Building at 11:00. We'll make the platters and deliver them to the fire stations. We still need some volunteers to make deliveries so the sign up sheet will be at the church again this Sunday. It's also not too late if you want to add your baked goodies to this event. Just sign up this Sunday.
- December 10, 2011 - 2:00 p.m. - Ladies' Christmas get together at Anne Foster's home. There will be ornament making, karaoke and desserts (please bring a dessert if you can). Please RSVP to Anne at 678-965-6743 so she can plan for how many supplies to have available.