Monday, March 21, 2011

Bible Study Ideas

Hey everyone,

I'm planning on re-instituting our Wednesday evening Bible study. I've asked around and it looks like a late start would be good--perhaps around 7:00 pm. I'm looking at starting this in April.

If you go to our blog (click here) there are is a survey about the possible topics. I have two ideas.

Idea 1 would be a fairly in-depth, but devotional, study of the book of James (one of my favorite books). This would involve some online content through the week and would be fairly interactive. It would be a "listening post" style exercise, where we have some exercises through the week and meet together to talk about them and reflect on the passage.

Idea 2 would be a much more scholarly type of thing. I'm interested in doing a class on interpreting the Bible. I teach a class on this at Atlanta Christian College. If we do this one, we may be required to purchase a book and do homework. This one would be more involved, but would definitely be worth the time.

Please go to the blog (click here) and let me know ASAP!

Jason