Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cross Walk Coming Up!

Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that Good Friday is April 18 this year!  We still have a little time.

This year I've been thinking about a slightly different direction for us.  A few weeks ago, Roger discussed some serious reflection about the meaning of Jesus' cross.  I am thinking that, rather than our usual focus for cross-walk, I would like to tie in the message on April 13 and on April 27.  I want to take a break from James to discuss the meaning of the cross, the resurrection, and the ascension of Jesus!

So, this is what the calendar will look like:

Sunday, April 13--A message on the Cross of Christ entitled, "Why Did Jesus Die?"

Friday, April 18--the Cross Walk Event at the normal time!

Sunday, April 20--A message on the Resurrection of Christ entitled, "Why Did Jesus Raise?"

Sunday, April 27--A message on the Ascension of Christ entitled, "Why Did Jesus Ascend?"

I think a lot of what we talk about in these messages will be review of stuff we studied in Matthew and in Acts.  But, I think it will be helpful for us to reaffirm some important teaching on what these things mean!

Oh, and one more thing: a couple of people have asked about getting new cross walk t-shirts.  Vangie and I are going to look into having some printed.  I think we may be able to do it fairly inexpensively, but we'll have to have everyone pay for their own upfront.  We'll let you know ASAP!

Later this week I will post information about the message for this coming Sunday from James!