Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Coming Up THIS SUNDAY (3/30/14)

Our James study marches on!

We were very blessed to have our good friend, Lee Reese, deliver the message last Sunday.  He's a great friend, a great minister, and a great thinker.  His message was timely, exciting, and well-spoken!

This week we are getting into chapter 4.  My idea is to do the first 12 verses of chapter 4, but I don't know how far we'll get.  I've gone back and forth on how much we can do--but I don't know if I can separate them.

So, let's plan on doing James 4:1-12 and if we can't get through it all, we won't.

What is James doing in this passage?  He's addressing a major problem in the church--their in-fighting and selfishness.  James boils all that down to "friendship with the world."   He addresses:
  • Fighting and coveting in the church
  • Pride
  • Assuming we can follow Jesus and be worldly!
  • Slander against one another in the church
I think we're going to find that this Sunday is very helpful to us!

Now for the James challenge.  If you're still doing it, check this version out:
James

See you Sunday!

Jason