Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cross Walk


Hello everyone,

Today I talked to a few of our Cross Walk leaders from last year. I know we've been behind in preparing this year and I take responsibility for that. My own personal struggles this year have taken much of my time.

However, I think we have a solution. This year we would like to benefit First Christian Church's food pantry. I have already contacted Stan Percival, First Christian's minister, and invited him and anyone from first Christian who would like to, to be involved.

I think this is a perfect chance for us to bear our cross for the poor and needy in our community as well as reach out in peace to our brothers and sisters in Christ at First Christian Church!

The idea is that we are going to create a donation sheet (available this next Sunday) that anyone who wants to be involved may take with them and ask people to support us in the cross-walk--this time not with money but with cans of food. We'll simply bring all the cans we can (whether we buy them or collect them) until Good Friday and carry the cross together.

Thanks!

Jason