Monday, October 20, 2008

Tuesday Night Video

Hey Castlers,

I think our blog has seen more action today than it had in a few weeks.

I had told our regular Tuesday Night Bible Study crowd that I would have something special and different for them tomorrow (the 21st). I had planned on announcing it on Sunday, but didn't know if I was going to be able to pull it off. It turns out I am, so I wanted to let everyone know what I'm thinking.

It is no secret that one of your preacher's pet side-topics is the relationship between politics and Christianity. And most everyone knows my view on the concept.

I listened to a wonderful interview a few weeks ago which took place at a minister's conference earlier this year. It is by Krista Tippet (who has a public radio show) who interviews Chuck Colson, Gregory Boyd, and Shane Claiborne. It is about three interesting and (in some ways) very different evangelical perspectives on Christians and politics.

I find the interview (as well as the topic) to be very fascinating and I think it could open up some great discussion for us. The interview is over 90 minutes long, so I thought we could watch half this week and then open it up for discussion, and then watch the other half next week and do the same.

Of course, this means we'll be taking a short break from our Hebrews study, which is OK! This is a topic very relevant to Christians in our world and I hope to see you there!

Jason