Sunday, March 7, 2010

Heather Deckard Mission Trip

Got this from Larry Deckard the other day. Heather is going on another missions trip. Here are her thoughts and needs:

As I got up and was getting ready for church this morning I was overwhelmed with a feeling of stress. I started thinking about my Africa trip and the stress came from wondering how I'm going to pay for it. I started thinking about fund raisers that I could do, garage sales that I could have, how much I could take out of every check to put away for it...and the stress increased. So, to take care of it like I usually do, I burried it knowing that there would be another day for me to worry about it. I do have until June

I walked into church and warmed up with the choir, well, I was late so I only practiced some of the songs with the choir and went about my business. Our worship service started and, true to Mt Paran form, was great. Then...the song that would change the whole service, and I felt like it was just for me. "Jehovah Jireh my provider, you are more than enough for me." Ok God. I think I get it. Stop worrying and trying to figure it out myself. Apparently I didn't because the hits kept coming. Special music "I AM hope, I AM peace, I AM joy, I AM rest...I AM your comfort and relief from your stress"...Ok God...got it. Apparently not because the hits kept coming. As I sat through the service with tears running down my face (I know that suprises most of you), the pastor stood up and conveyed to us that as we were singing, he felt that there was someone who needed to hear the words "GOD WILL PROVIDE". He didn't preach the sermon he prepared. He spent the next 30 minutes talking about how God is always providing for people. We keep stressing...and He keeps providing. I know this. I have seen His hand pour out provision on me time and time again.

This will be my 5th trip to Africa. All five times I have stressed about "HOW". Many of you have been the "how" that He has used. For that I am eternally greatful. I'm sure that you are all waiting for the sales pitch because most of you have heard it all five times! Well, of course, if you want to give toward my trip I would be blessed, but that isn't what I wanted this letter to be about. God will provide. He told me this morning. Whether it is through ya'll or some other miraculous way, He will provide. Maybe some of you are going through some kind of financial crisis or some other situation where you need some kind of provision. The last song we sang today said this..."He's already provided, He's already provided. Anything that you need, He's already provided. Every promise you can claim, just ask it in His name. Anything you need He's already provided.

If you are interested in helping financially, you can make checks out to Visiting Orphans and send them to me at 4842 Liberty Plaza
&a mp;n bsp; Acworth Ga. 30101

Thank you for being willing vessels. Whether you have given money toward this in the past, will in the future, or are people who pray for our me, God has provided through you. My heart is full, and my life changed because of it.

An unworthy servant,

Heather