Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Q & A Sunday

Hey everyone,

This Sunday's message on Non-Violence and the teaching of Jesus was a big one. I think many of us are really finding that the teachings of Jesus are a real challenge to the way we see things and the way things work in our minds. This was especially true this week.

I'm planning on doing two more messages in the beatitudes (Jan 25 and Feb 1). After that I'd figured on moving directly into the next passage. But I think it might be a good idea to take a Sunday and do something a little different.

Because of the many questions this week I'd like to do a Q & A Sunday on Feb 8. What this will entail is, instead of a traditional sermon, I want to take some time and field some questions about some of the stuff we've talked about recently.

Here's the plan: because it would be difficult to be adequately prepared for your questions without having an idea what they would be beforehand, I'd like to ask you to submit questions to me in the two weeks prior to this event. I will be providing question submission cards you can fill out at church...OR you can respond to this email with questions.

I will pick the questions that best reflect the thoughts and questions of the whole church and prepare some answers to those. We will also have someone to moderate the questions.

I think this can be a good thing for our church!

jason